Leeds Bridge Club Trust is a company limited by guarantee number: 9490140, registered in England and Wales and a registered charity, number 1161317
Registered Office: Moor Allerton Sports & Social Centre, Stonegate Road, Leeds LS17 6EL
The Club is affiliated to the English Bridge Union and the Yorkshire Contract Bridge Association
LEEDS BRIDGE CLUB TRUST – VIRTUAL SESSIONS ON BRIDGE BASE ONLINE
The virtual sessions are twice a week, on Tuesdays at 2.00 pm and on Thursdays at 7.30 pm.
1. You need to buy some $BBO in advance. This is easy to do on BBO itself – you will need a credit or debit card or you can pay using ‘PayPal’. Our sessions are $3 per player and $BBO can be bought in multiples of 10 – that is, in $10, $20, etc.
2. If you do not have a partner, you can try to ﬁnd one using our ‘Partner Finder’ facility on Pianola. It is possible that you might also be able to ﬁnd a partner, at the last minute, by registering on BBO.
3. If we know your username, which we will if you have played in one of our virtual club sessions before, played in our Swiss pairs or teams’ events or added it to ‘Pianola’, we will be able to add your actual name to the results. If this is your ﬁrst time playing in an online club event, please let Sue Friedman - If we do not have your username, you will still be able to register and play but your real name will not appear on the ‘Pianola’ results. If we do not have your EBU number, or you have not entered it when registering, you can also still play but it will be as a guest of the EBU and you will not be able to receive master points if you earn them in the event. - know your username well in advance, if possible. If you know your EBU number, you can also add that.
4. You have to register in advance for these sessions. The registration is between 12 noon and 1.30 pm for the Tuesday games and between 5.30 pm and 7.15 pm for the Thursday games. To register, you and your partner need to log on to BBO, at the same time, and go to the ‘Competitive’ section and then to ‘All Tournaments’. Make sure that it is showing the ‘Pending’ tournaments. (It usually does automatically when opening but it does need to be checked.) Where it says ‘Search’, at the top of that page, put in Leeds Bridge Club and, as you start typing, our tournament should come up on the list. If you cannot ﬁnd the ‘Search’, scroll down the tournaments until you ﬁnd the name of our club.
5. Click on the name of our club (not the number) and you should be taken to the sign-in page. Here you will see that you need to ﬁll in your partner’s username. You can also pay for your partner if that is what you have agreed so only one of you needs to buy the $BBO.
6. Click on ‘Invite’ (or register) and an invite will be sent to your partner who must accept.
7. A screen then comes up asking for a number. This number is your EBU number. If you do not know it, just ignore this and the page will go away.
8. To check that you are registered for the event, return to the ‘Tournaments’ page and click on our club again. You should then get a message saying that you are registered.
9. Once you have registered, you can log off but make sure that you are logged on again by 1.50 pm on Tuesdays and by 7.20 pm on Thursdays. You must go to the ‘Competitive’part of BBO. When the game is ready, you will be taken straight there. If you are not logged on in time you will miss the game as latecomers are not allowed.
10. We play 18 boards and master points are awarded. The results are put on the club’s website and players will also be sent their results via ‘Pianola’.
11. The ‘Tournament Director’ usually introduces himself and lets you know how to send him any questions. If this is the ﬁrst time that you have played and you have not managed to give your username to Sue Friedman in advance, please send a message to the ‘Tournament Director’ to tell him your real name so that it can go in the results on the website.