June 2021 - Update on Reopening

Monday, 26 July 2021 by Rhonda Moss

We are all looking forward to actually going to our club again - using real cards and bidding boxes - and meeting friends we haven’t seen for much too long.

We are currently carrying out risk assessments, making plans and confirming with our volunteers, before making a definite decision as to when we might reopen our club.

We will not open before 21st June but are looking into opening for face to face bridge as soon as possible. We take the safety of our members extremely seriously and we will only reopen when it is safe to do so. We will wait for the next set of rules from the government which are due about 14th June and any guidance we might get from the EBU and will let you know our plans very soon after that.

We intend to open our sessions gradually and meanwhile to continue our online sessions at least for the time being. Our sessions will need to be booked in advance as we will have to restrict numbers, we hope not for too long. We will ask that our members wanting to play at the club have had their two vaccinations and that they are not showing any signs of any illness at all. The other precautions we will be taking for your safety at the club will be published nearer the time.

We will let you know further details as soon as possible and we look forward to seeing you again. Until then please do join our many online sessions.